Saw this recipe on @somethingnutritious instagram and knew I had to try it since I love her recipes and peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite dessert combo! I don’t often have pretzel in my dessert either, so I was excited to try her recipe. I loved how these fudge bars turned out (minus the base)! I found the base to not have a strong enough pretzel taste and a bit too sweet, so I changed the base from the original recipe the second time I made it and loved the fudge bars even more!
You can find storage information and total time to prepare in the original recipe for these bars.
- 0.5 cup medjool dates, pits removed (soak in water for 20 min and drain)
- 1.5 cups pretzels, sub gluten-free if needed
- 1/4 cup water
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (just peanuts)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 pretzels
- Sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse the dates and pretzels for 1-2 minutes until fully chopped. Slowly pour in the water and blend until a sticky dough forms.
- Pour the “dough” into a parchment lined 9 x 5 loaf pan and flatten down. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt your chocolate chips with 1 tsp of coconut oil in 30 second increments in the microwave until smooth.
- Once melted, add remaining fudge ingredients into the bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the fudge over your crust and top with 10 whole or crushed pretzels- I lined mine up to cut 10 small bars.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours, until firm to touch. Slice into 10 squares and top with sea salt.
- Keep stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.