I had this recipe saved to make for a while after seeing it on @soomfoods instagram. I love roasted brussels sprouts, tahini and oranges on their own, so I imagined I’d like this combo. Still, I ended up finding this dish to be even tastier than I expected!
Note the original recipe uses blood oranges, but I used regular oranges because the supermarket I went to didn’t have blood oranges . This recipe still turned out delicious even with switching the oranges!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Orange Tahini Sauce
For the roasted brussels sprouts
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the blood orange balsamic tahini sauce
- 1/2 cup Soom Tahini
- 1 tsp blood orange zest
- Juice of 1
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup of ice cold water
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim and halve the brussel sprouts. Place the brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and add olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Massage the brussels sprouts a little bit to release some of the leaves (this makes for extra crispy brussels!) and arrange them so they’re cut-side down. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- While the brussels sprouts are roasting, make the tahini sauce. Whisk together Soom Tahini,
bloodorange zest, bloodorange juice, maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth. Start by adding ¼ cup of ice cold water, adding more as needed, whisking until completely smooth and creamy, or until desired consistency is reached. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Drizzle the tahini sauce over the roasted brussels sprouts, sprinkle with extra
bloodorange zest if desired, and serve hot (delicious cold too)!