I’m an avid follower of @edeneats on instagram (none of her recipes have ever failed me, she is fun to watch, and has an incredibly cute family), so I knew as soon as I saw this summer corn salad from her that I would love it! I made a few edits to her original recipe based on ingredients/equipment I had at home, you can find her original recipe on her instagram.
Summer Corn Salad
- Frozen bag of yellow corn kernels (cooked according to microwave instructions)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup radishes (purple, breakfast, watermelon…)- thinly sliced
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (torn leaves)
- 1/4 cup parsley (torn leaves)
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 tsp aleppo pepper (I used a combo of paprika and cayenne instead)
- 1/2 cup crumbled sheep’s milk feta
- 1/3 cup toasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Get a large serving bowl and mix corn kernels with cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt, and minced garlic
- Place the sliced tomatoes, scallions, radishes and feta on top of the corn in the bowl. Grate over the lemon zest and pour the juice of the lemon directly on the salad. Drizzle over EVOO, sprinkle cilantro and parsley and aleppo pepper (if using) and season well with salt.
- I’d wait to toss it all together until it’s ready to be eaten, since I think it looks prettier before mixing!