My favorite pancake recipe to make is inspired by @holyhealth‘s chocolate chip oatmeal blender pancakes. Her original recipe was a bit too sweet for my family for breakfast, so we have been substituting the chocolate chips with wild frozen blueberries and it’s now one of our favorite breakfasts.
Here’s the recipe…
Blueberry Oatmeal Blender Pancakes
Makes 6-8 pancakes (depending on the size)
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana (make sure it is ripe)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries (I like using wild because they are smaller)
- Heat a pan with a bit of coconut oil in medium heat.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together all ingredients except the oats and blueberries until fully mixed. Once smooth, add in oats and blend until smooth. Fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto the heated pan and cook for about 2 min, then flip and cook for 1 min. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm and add your favorite toppings. Here are some of my favorites:
- I like either eating it with homemade whipped cream (blend 2 tbsp sugar and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and blended in a magic bullet) or fage greek yogurt
- Blueberry compote, or if you are feeling lazy just heat up frozen blueberries in the microwave for 30s-1 min (depending on the strength of your microwave and size of blueberries) until warm.
- Drizzle of peanut butter
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Homemade granola
- Fresh berries