I’m not huge on candy, and my favorite American candy by far is Reese’s. Nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate combo! These treats from @holyhealth (on instagram) are not only a healthier, less processed version of a Reese’s peanut butter cup, but are also tastier (in my opinion).
Here’s her recipe (my edits/comments are in red)
5 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
Recipe makes 10-12 mini cups (requires mini baking tin and mini baking tin liners)
- 3/4 cup @enjoylifefoods chocolate morsels I used regular semi-sweet chocolate chips because I’m not vegan
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use natural, unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup (I only used 1.5 tbsp and it definitely felt like enough sweetness)
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup and almond flour.
- Fill a layer of chocolate into the bottom of mini baking cups, place 1/2 tbsp worth of peanut butter mixture in the center and fill the remainder with chocolate. Top with flakey sea salt if you’re feeling fancy
- Freeze for 15 min to set and keep in freezer to store.