Saw this recipe from Shuangy’s Kitchen Sink on her instagram, and knew I had to try it out. I’m not a huge cake fan, but love the flavors of carrot cake, so I enjoyed this overnight oats even more than real carrot cake!
Here’s Shuangy’s recipe (my edits are in red):
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 1 cup cashew milk (I used regular milk, but you could sub any milk alternative)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional –you could definitely use less than this, it’s very sweet with only 1 tbsp. Going to try 1 tsp next time)
- 2 tbsp grated carrots
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice and a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds and/or ground flax seeds
- 1 handful of raisins
- your favorite toppings some ideas: (handful of chopped walnuts or almond butter, grated carrots, hemp seeds, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice )
- Mix milk, vanilla, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt together. Add oats, seeds, grated carrots and raisins. Add your favorite toppings (I used a handful of chopped walnuts)
- Let sit at least four hours or over night. Heat it up or eat it cold in the morning (I ate it cold and it was delicious)!