I love any avocado egg combination, but when I saw this dish on feedfeed instagram with the addition of roasted sweet potato, and it completely elevated the avocado/egg game. Really could eat this dish for any meal of the day, I love how flavorful and colorful it is.
Here’s how to make the roasted sweet potato for this delicious plate (recipe from the feedfeed).
Roasted Sweet Potato (for Roasted Sweet Potato and Scrambled Eggs plate)
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed, dried and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp of avocado or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, oil and a pinch of salt in a large bowl to evenly coat. Spread out in a single layer on the prepared pan. Roast for 25 min until golden, tossing halfway through.
- Turn off the oven and let the potatoes sit in the closed oven for 5 minutes, to get extra crispy.
- I added some of the roasted sweet potatoes (saved the rest for later) with scrambled eggs (2 cage free eggs cooked with EVOO), 1/4 sliced avocado, sauteed spinach with lemon juice and topped with cherry tomatoes. Seasoned everything with salt and pepper.
2 Comments Add yours
I also love avo and eggs together. Will have to try it with sweet potato too next time!