Saw this recipe from Eden Grinshpan from her instagram (@edeneats) and knew I had to try it (eggplant is my favorite vegetable). It was the best babaganoush I’ve ever had!
Here is Eden’s recipe (my additions are in red):
- 2 medium sized eggplants, scored
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup tahini paste (I like soom foods)
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Garnish- olive oil, paprika, chopped parsley
- Score eggplant and char on grill or broiler 25-35 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- Remove flesh from inside and whisk the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt and tahini. (I ate the leftover skins because they are delish)
- Mix well and serve with olive oil and paprika on top.