I had extra homemade challah, and decided to make with it a recipe I had been wanting to try for a while, Berry French Toast Bake from TASTY.
I didn’t have any fresh fruit, so I had to revise the recipe based on the frozen berries I had at home.
Here is the recipe, with my edits/suggestions in red. I also
crossed out parts of the original recipe that I didn’t use
Strawberry French Toast Bread Pudding
10 slices whole wheat bread,I used thinly sliced challah bread cut into cubes 8 oz raspberry 8 oz blackberry 10 strawberries, trimmed and slicedI used frozen strawberries to top to cover the french toast. 8 oz blueberry
- ½ cup water, warm
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 5 eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk, of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
greek yogurt, as desiredHomemade whipped cream (I used 2 tbsp sugar and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and blended in a magic bullet)
- maple syrup, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together warm water and honey.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk.
- Place bread cubes into a well-greased cast-iron pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and submerge all of the bread cubes. Let soak for 20 minutes.
- Arrange the fruit on top.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Serve with
yogurtwhipped cream and maple syrup.