Not normally a huge fan of rice krispy treats, but I love chocolate and peanut butter, so I decided to try Gal Cohen’s (@holyhealth on instagram) recipe for these crispy squares. They are vegan, and I really enjoyed them.
chocolate peanut butter rice kripsies treats
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal (or general rice krispies)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (I used peanut butter).
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave (I used maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted (I used a double broiler)
- In a small bowl, mix together the nut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- In a larger bowl, combine the puffed rice, cocoa powder, and salt. Pour in the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Flatten into a parchment lined 8*8 tin, and refrigerate at least 2-3 hours. Remove and drizzle with melted chocolate. Keep stored in the fridge.