This recipe, which I got from Holy Health (a food instagrammer I follow) was simply divine, so I’m sharing it with you all on this blog (and also putting it here so I can reference it for myself).
This was my first time trying carrot fries, and even on their own, they were divine!
The spicy Cashew cheese sauce was also delicious, given that I generally don’t like cheese substitutes (I’m a vegetarian, not a vegan), but it was flavorful and delicious! I generally don’t even need sauce for my fries, but I did enjoy this one (even though as I said before) the fries were delicious on their own!
Here’s Holy Health’s recipe:
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Season carrots with olive oil and spices. Spread apart on baking sheet and bake on 375 for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Spicy Cashew Sauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp raw cashews
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sriacha (I used a heavy dash of chili powder instead)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Blend until smooth. Keep stored in fridge for up to a week.