With a combo of peanut butter, banana, and oatmeal, whats not to love?
I’m normally someone who chooses to microwave my oats for oatmeal (because it’s much faster) but given that I had extra almond milk from making Homemade Almond Milk (and flour), I thought I’d give this recipe from Erin Lives Whole a try. I’m glad I did, it was delicious!
Creamy Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Recipe from Erin Lives Whole (my comments are in red)
- Add oats and almond milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes (unless using regular oats, then only cook for 10). Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Once mixture has thickened up, turn off heat. It will continue to get thicker as it sits.
- Add in mashed banana, coconut oil, syrup, peanut butter, and salt. Use a fork to whisk and break up any chunks.
- Add toppings of choice and serve immediately. (I usually make Caramelized Bananas with the other half of my banana and add some more peanut butter, also could add frozen blueberries and a drizzle of peanut butter, whatever you like!)
- If making for the week ahead, just add a splash of almond milk and reheat in the morning in the microwave or on the stove top.