With a combo of peanut butter, banana, and oatmeal, whats not to love?
I’m normally someone who chooses to microwave my oats for oatmeal (because it’s much faster) but given that I had extra almond milk from making Homemade Almond Milk (and flour), I thought I’d give this recipe from Erin Lives Whole a try. I’m glad I did, it was delicious!
Creamy Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Recipe from Erin Lives Whole (my comments are in red)
- Add oats and almond milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Once mixture has thickened up, turn off heat. It will continue to get thicker as it sits.
- Add in mashed banana, coconut oil, syrup, peanut butter, and salt. Use a fork to whisk and break up any chunks.
- Add toppings of choice and serve immediately. (I made Caramelized Bananas with the other half of my banana and added some more peanut butter)
- If making for the week ahead, just add a splash of almond milk and reheat in the morning in the microwave or on the stove top.