Gluten-free and keto friendly, but most importantly delicious! Eggplant has always been my favorite pizza topping, and eating it as a pizza on its own with tomato sauce and cheese is so good!
I got the original recipe from Wholesome Yum and made slight adjustments based on my preferences and what I had at home
Mini Eggplant Pizza
- 1 medium Eggplant (~1 lb; cut into uniform 1/2″ thick slices)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup marinara (I used my homemade sauce)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh Mozzarella cheese (or shredded)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (I used dried oregano)
- Ricotta to top eggplant (optional)
- Fresh spinach to top (optional)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Brush or spray both sides lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until the eggplant is soft and golden.
Spread about 2 teaspoons (9 g) marinara sauce on each eggplant slice. Sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons (28 g) shredded cheese. Top with Italian seasoning, spinach and ricotta (optional)
Set the oven to broil or 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Return to the oven. Bake for about 5 more minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.