I got this recipe for Perfect Pizza Crust from King Arthur Flour.
Makes 2 large, 10 inch pizza crusts. I halved this recipe and got 2 smaller sized pizza crusts.
SIMPLE HOMEMADE PIZZA
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups Artisan Bread Flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Combine water and yeast in a large bowl. Add flour and salt and mix until a shaggy dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth, elastic and slightly tacky, about 5 minutes. If dough is too sticky, knead in more flour until smooth, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Place dough in oiled bowl and turn to coat. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Dough can be used immediately or refrigerated up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 500F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough from each paper into a disk. Place disks on prepared baking sheets. Working from the center of each disk, gently press and stretch dough to 1/4 inch thick.
add your favorite toppings! This is what I did.
- Top pizza with homemade pizza sauce and spread the sauce around the dough (leaving place for crust).
- Add roasted eggplant rounds (only half an eggplant) and chopped bell peppers (roasted with the eggplant) evenly.
- Top with fresh mozzarella, vegetarian grated parmesan, spinach, some dried oregano, and chopped fresh basil.
- Bake in the oven at 500F for 8-10 minutes, when crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Wait 5 minutes for it to cool (so it slices nicely) and enjoy!