Frittata (baked egg omelette) is one of my favorite brunch/breakfast foods.
This recipe (inspired by Country Living) is my go to for when I have large amounts of spinach or kale that I want to use before it spoils.
Here’s how I make this
Sweet Potato Kale Frittata
- 6 large eggs (I used pasture raised)
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup firmly packed chopped kale (I’ve also used spinach and baby kale as substitutes)
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 oz goat cheese (crumbled)
- optional: chopped fresh basil and thyme to top
- Heat oil in a skillet. Cook sweet potato, garlic, and onion in this skillet for 10 minutes. While this is cooking, preheat oven to 350F and whisk together eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- After ten minutes add kale to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until kale is wilted. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables, cook 3 more minutes. Sprinkle egg mixture with goat cheese
- Bake at 350F 10-14 minutes or until set.
- Optional (top with freshly chopped basil and thyme for a fresh herb kick)
Hope you enjoy and let me know if you #ahavabite by commenting on this post or messaging/tagging me on instagram