I’m a big fan of Rachel Mansfeld and her healthy baked goods, and decided to try this recipe she has for banana cinnamon roll bread (which can be made vegan). It turned out delicious, but not sweet enough for my liking, so I added a yogurt glaze (used in my banana bread cinnamon rolls) to give the bread more flavor.
Here’s how I made this delicious recipe:
Banana Cinnamon Roll Bread
- 2 eggs, or 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax seeds + 5 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Coconut oil, melted and cooled (I used refined, and it still turned out fine)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups oat flour (made by processing oats in my Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor until it gets to be a fine flour texture)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Cinnamon Roll Swirl
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (I recommend this over honey/maple syrup so you have a grainy base)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the flax egg, banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined
- Add in the brown rice flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix well (make sure no clumps!)
- In a smaller bowl, mix together cinnamon swirl ingredients
- Add about half the banana bread batter to the bread dish then half the cinnamon roll batter and swirl with a knife or toothpick
- Add the rest of the banana bread batter followed up cinnamon roll batter and swirl again
- Bake in oven for 45-55 minutes (I stick toothpick in to see if it is ready!)
- Allow the bread to cool about about 10 minutes then slice and enjoy!
- To make the cinnamon sugar swirl, mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan, then add half of the cinnamon swirl. Use a knife to swirl together.
- Then add the rest of the batter and cinnamon swirl until the pan is filled.
- Whisk powdered sugar, remaining yogurt, 1 tsp. water, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl until smooth and drizzle over cooled banana bread
*Store leftovers in airtight container for 3 days, fridge for 5 days or freezer for 2 months
Let me know how you like this recipe by interacting with this post or tagging me on instagram (@ahavabite)