I thought that I found my favorite waffle recipe in my Oatmeal Waffles, but that was before I made these Banana Blueberry Waffles! I had extra ripe bananas on hand, and decided to make this recipe.
I used Rachel Mansfeld’s Paleo Blueberry Banana Bread muffins recipe and made them into waffle form, and they were incredible! I imagine they would be delicious cooked as pancakes as well. Just a piece of advice if you are making the waffle version: make sure not to use too much waffle batter, as the waffle will not stay together when you take it out if it is too thick!
Banana Blueberry Waffles
- 2-3 ripe bananas (about 1 1/4 cup mashed banana)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries (I used frozen)
- Optional: mixed nuts or chocolate chips!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with If You Care Large Baking Cups
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, eggs, oil and vanilla extract until creamy
- Mix in the almond flour and baking powder well
- Fold in the blueberries then evenly distribute the batter in each muffin tin (this recipe makes about 9)
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until ready
*Store in fridge for 5 days or freeze for longer
Enjoy and let me know if you ahavabite!