I have a whole long list of recipes I’ve wanted to try with ripe mashed bananas, and this Banana Chocolate Chip cookie recipe from delish was one of them!
This recipe also is made with peanut butter (my favorite), so I knew it would taste good! Plus it is gluten-free for all those avoiding gluten, and still taste great!
The only thing I changed was the cooking time, following 10 minutes of baking at 350 my cookies were still undercooked (possibly because they were large cookies), but otherwise the recipe is great, and I’ll likely make them again!
Here’s how I made
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used my Homemade Nut Butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Mash banana in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter, egg, vanilla, baking soda, sugar, and salt, stirring to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet, placing cookies about 1 1/2” apart.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes (depends on how large your cookies are) until cookies are lightly golden.