Based on ErinLivesWhole recipe for Oatmeal Blender Pancakes, thank you for the inspiration Erin!
I started out making pancakes but it started getting a little messy (I’m not good with figuring out the ideal time to flip pancakes, so I used my Dash Mini Waffle Maker Machine instead). I got this machine on a deal for Amazon prime day, but it still is under $10, and I use it all the time to make waffle grilled cheeses and sweet potato waffles.
Banana Oatmeal Waffles
- 2 heaping cups rolled oats
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a high speed food processor (or blender), grind oats until flour like consistency, making oat flour
- Add in remainder of ingredients and blend until well combined but not over-blending, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Let batter rest for about 5 minutes to thicken up, you want it to be pretty thick!
- Put batter into oil sprayed waffle maker one at a time.
- If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can make pancakes (like the original recipe from ErinLivesWhole suggests by:
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto medium-low skillet that has been greased with butter or non-stick spray.
- Flip over once bubbles have formed and bottom is golden brown.
- Repeat until all pancakes are made.
- Add your favorite toppings! I used my homemade peanut butter and my homemade strawberry chia jam.
Hope you enjoy!
3 Comments Add yours