I bought a huge bag of buckwheat to make my Homemade Seeded Buckwheat Bread, but since I do not have a food processor or blender in my new place (which I need to make the bread), I was not able to use my buckwheat for this recipe. I was looking for another buckwheat recipe that didn’t require a blender or food processor, and found this Overnight Coconut Buckwheat Porridge recipe from Fool Proof Living. I changed the recipe up a bit based on my experience, taste preference, and available ingredients.
Here’s how I made my version…
Overnight Buckwheat Chia porridge
For the porridge:
- 1 cup buckwheat groats (not kasha)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups milk (or any other unsweetened milk alternative, I used unsweetened almond milk from Pacific Foods)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
For the Toppings: (all optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, any other unsalted nuts of your choice, or peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup berries, pomegranate seeds, caramelized bananas (or any fresh fruit you have at home)
- Sunflower seeds
- Drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- Mix buckwheat groats, chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup (or honey) cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Cover it with stretch film and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, place it in a pot, and cook, stirring occasionally, for10-12 minutes or until it reaches to your desired thickness.
- Garnish it with fruit, coconut, and nuts. Serve either warm or cold (after you’ve put it back in the fridge)
- Good for up to three days.
Hope you enjoy and please let me know if you ahavabite by commenting below or interacting with me on social media
One Comment Add yours