recipe from New York Times:
- 1 bunch (around 2 pounds) thick asparagus, woody ends snapped off (I used purple asparagus, but any asparagus is fine)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- fresh lemon or lime juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil a baking sheet large enough to hold the asparagus in one layer. Place asparagus in the dish, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and roast for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, until the stalks begin to shrivel and color lightly.
- Remove from the heat, toss with the thyme and season with lemon juice if desired.
Sometimes I’ll roast half a lemon or lime in the oven with the asparagus and then juice it, which still turns out delicious
Looking for what to do with your roasted asparagus? Check out this recipe and let me know if you ahavabite