I stumbled upon a recipe I wanted to try on Pinterest for healthy no bake chocolate peanut butter crunch bars that I wanted to try, only to realize I did not have the ingredients at home. I decided to make my own recipe using a combination of the original recipe from Pinterest from the Big Man’s World and another recipe from Whole Food Bellies that uses cacao powder instead of chocolate chips for the recipe.
Note: If you are going to use my recipe, know that using cacao powder/coconut oil substitute means that you have to eat the crunch bars straight out of the fridge/freezer (otherwise they will melt into a mushy mess). If you make Big Man’s World original recipe you can eat them at room temperature.
I love any combination of chocolate and peanut butter, so I couldn’t go wrong here!
Here’s how I made this yummy, healthy, no-bake dessert:
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup rice krispies
- 2 tablespoons of natural creamy peanut butter (make sure to check ingredients for no added sugar)
- pinch of salt
- Line an 8*8 pan with parchment paper
- Heat coconut oil in the microwave until liquid (around 20 seconds)
- In a large, microwave safe bowl combine the cocoa powder, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine, heat for a few seconds in the microwave if ingredients don’t combine well
- Add in the rice krispies and mix well to combine
- Pour in the rice mixture and use a spatula to level it out so that it is relatively smooth on top
- Pop into the freezer for 20 minutes until completely set. Once set remove from the freezer and use a sharp knife to cut into squares for serving. Store in the freezer, as the coconut oil will melt
- Enjoy and let me know if you #ahavabite by commenting here or tagging me on social media!