I stumbled upon a recipe I wanted to try on Pinterest for healthy no bake chocolate peanut butter crunch bars that I wanted to try, only to realize I did not have the ingredients at home. I decided to make my own recipe using a combination of the original recipe from Pinterest from the Big Man’s World and another recipe from Whole Food Bellies that uses cacao powder instead of chocolate chips for the recipe. I made it a second time with the original recipe with chocolate chips and it turned out much better than the revised recipe I tried.
I love any combination of chocolate and peanut butter, so I couldn’t go wrong here!
Here is Big Man World’s original recipe (the better tasting recipe):
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- 3 cups rice krispies (crispy rice cereal)
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter (make sure to check ingredients for no added sugar), or any other nut or seed butter you prefer.
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup natural coconut oil
- Line an 8*8 pan with parchment paper
- Add crispy rice cereal into large mixing bowl and set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, combine all your other ingredients and heat until melted. Remove from microwave/off stove and whisk until completely incorporated.
Pour the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the crispy rice cereal and mix until combined. Pour into the lined baking dish and refrigerate until firm (at least an hour).
Remove and cut into bars.