Passover may be over, but do you still have leftover Matzah or matzah meal? Tired of your regular matzah dishes and want to try something new?
Check out my mom’s recipe for homemade matzah rolls below. She makes these matzah rolls every year during the passover holiday. These are kosher for passover, they come from her Kasher L’Pesach cookbook in Hebrew (which she has had for decades) and are one of my favorite passover dishes, because they are the closest thing that resembles bread in our house during the holiday. They are also so tasty that I enjoy them even when the holiday is over (and I can consume real bread).
Homemade Matzah Rolls
(makes eleven rolls)
*If you don’t have matzah meal, blend matzah in blender until you reach desired crumb consistency
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- I tbsp sugar
- 1 cup matza meal
- 4 eggs
- Heat a muffin tin at 350 F for 5 min
- Meanwhile, heat oil, water, sugar, matzah meal and eggs over skillet on medium-low heat. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- When muffin tin is done cooking, spray with olive oil and make 11 even rolls (unless you have a mini muffin tin).
- Heat in oven at 350 F
- After 20 min cook in oven at 320 F. Cook for 20 more min
- Enjoy warm and as always, let me know if you ahavabite by commenting on this post or tagging me on instagram or fb!