The perfect snack and/or dessert to have in your freezer when you are craving something sweet!
I’m not normally a huge fan of healthy substitutes for desserts, especially when it comes to ice cream. Frozen bananas are the exception though! I actually like banana nice cream better than banana flavored ice cream! Plus, this dessert is a combination of some of my favorite ingredients (frozen bananas, chocolate and peanut butter) so there was no way I could end up not loving this.
Note: I added cacao nibs inside the banana sandwich for extra crunch factor and nutrition, but this is completely optional!
- Cut ripe bananas (yellow with many brown dots) into small slices. Spread your favorite nut butter and cacao nibs (optional)
- Place banana sandwiches on parchment paper (for easy removal) and freeze overnight (or for a couple of hours)
- For chocolate dip
- Simmer water (boil and then keep on low heat) in a small saucepan.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a heat safe bowl
- Place bowl with chocolate chips on top of pot with simmering water. Keep pot cooking on low heat (otherwise chocolate will overcook, slow and steady wins the race!)
- Stir dip gently and when all the chocolate is melted, dip you frozen banana sandwiches half way through the dip
- Freeze again and enjoy!