Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cup milk, kefir (probiotic yogurt drink) or milk substitute (almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, soy milk)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, date syrup, honey (or 1 packet of stevia)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Cover and chill for at least six hours or overnight. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Here are some different toppings I’ve used that I absolutely love:
- Fresh Sliced Nectarine with a Tahini Honey Drizzle and a layer of frozen blueberries
- Banana Flambe Chia seed pudding (Caramelized banana with cinnamon, blueberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup)
- Caramelized Nectarine and Banana with a honey drizzle