I live for whole roasted cauliflower, and decided to make my own homemade version! I couldn’t wait to use shawarma seasoning I recently purchased from the holy land, and thought this would be the perfect recipe to include it in. Excuse me for not waiting to take a picture until after I had already eaten some 😛
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp shawarma seasoning (I bought it this way, but you can also make your own)
- 1 head of cauliflower (cut off leaves and the bottom part of the stem)
- 3 tsp of Gourmet Garden parsley paste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Fill enough water in a large pot for the cauliflower to be submerged fully. Bring water to a boil and place cauliflower in the pot, cover and cook until blanched (approximately 8 minutes)
- While cauliflower is blanching, blend garlic, 1/2 cup of water, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, turmeric, and shawarma seasoning in a blender. Adjust seasoning based on your preference and blend until smooth.
- When cauliflower is done cooking, place in a shallow baking dish (stem side down) and add 1/2 inch of water. Spoon half of the sauce on top of the cauliflower and spread evenly. Roast until the cauliflower is tender, approximately 40 minutes.
- When cauliflower is ready, transfer it to a platter. Stir the parsley and freshly ground black pepper in the remaining sauce and heat in the microwave around 20 seconds. Top cauliflower with the remaining sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by “Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Tahini Sauce” from the How Not to Die cookbook