Have I told you guys how much I love Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Zig Zags? They come precut and peeled, so all you need to do is cook them! Why waste time and labor on cutting your own vegetables when Trader Joe’s does it so perfectly for such a reasonable price ($3.49 for a 12 oz bag)? The crinkle cut shape is perfect for making butternut squash fries or pasta, both of which I love.
I’ve had a crazy busy week with graduation, and was looking for something easy, healthy comfort dish to make for the chilly winter weather (now that I live in Miami 50 degrees is freezing to me! Please don’t judge me :P). This is one of the easiest recipes on my feed, as it requires almost no labor besides chopping up basil (which is completely optional). Hope you enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Your favorite canned tomato sauce. I did my research for a brand that was low in sugar and sodium compared to other brands and still tasted great, and Cucina Antica Tomato Basil sauce was definitely a winner! I got it from Whole Foods and was so pleasantly surprised with the taste!
- Heirloom cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Salt, pepper, oregano and chopped fresh basil.
- Coat zig zags with olive oil and add heirloom tomatoes (optional). Roast for 420•F for approximately 30 min (flip at 15 min), or when cooked to desired texture. Add your favorite pasta sauce, desired amount of mozzarella cheese, and put back in the oven until cheese is nice and melted (approximately 5 min). Add desired seasoning (salt, pepper, oregano and chopped fresh basil). Enjoy warm!
If you make this recipe, please tag me at @ahavabite on instagram so I can see your delicious creations!