Easy peesy keto, paleo and vegan friendly recipe from The Cutting Veg
- 1 cup of your favorite frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, you name it!)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite sweetener (optional)*
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Take frozen berries and cook them in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes
- Add lemon juice and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently. Add your favorite sweetener (optional)
- Add chia seeds and stir to combine. Allow to sit until thickened.
- Put on your favorite toast, yogurt or oats and enjoy!
- I used acai berry as part of my frozen berries and because acai is bitter, I felt the need to add a sweetener (I used a packet of stevia). I also added fresh orange rind to the jam for extra flavor (I found the acai taste to be a bit bland). Will stick with sweeter berries I enjoy more (blueberries, blackberries and strawberries) next time to try to enjoy the recipe without added sweetener or orange rind!