This chia seed pudding recipe is vegan and paleo-friendly. Makes for a delicious breakfast, dessert or snack. If you don’t like bananas or don’t have access to almond or coconut milk you can check out this Chocolate Chia Pudding recipe.
You can also make a pumpkin version using this recipe from AgainstAllGrain.com, which I based the recipe below on.
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients (minus chia seeds) on high until smooth.
- Mix-in chia seeds and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I made two versions:
- Put a layer of strawberries in between two layers of chocolate chia pudding. Topped with peanut butter, honey and peanuts
- Layered the chia pudding with homemade Triple Berry Chia Jam, 2% greek yogurt, and fresh berries