Thank you FeedTheSwimmers for the delicious recipe (found on her instagram post!)
Here’s her recipe (also featured on her instagram post):
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup spelt flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt full fat (I used 2% because it’s what I had at home and it still tasted delicious)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or extract)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Whisk together wet ingredients. Stir to combine the two. Set aside
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (I used cane sugar)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat 10″ cast iron skillet over medium heat, add butter. When melted and sizzling, add apples, sugar and cinnamon, raise heat to medium high and cook while stirring until sugar is caramelized and bubbly and apples begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Stir and spread apples around pan. Pour batter around edges of pan and then over middle of apples.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until edges are puffed up and caramelized and center is golden.
- Loosen edges and carefully invert onto a serving plate, sprinkle with confectioners (powdered) sugar. Enjoy!