Wow your friends and family with a fall treat that has no added sugars and is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. Recipe credits to NutriLuli, I only slightly adjusted her recipe, which you can find below.
- 4 gala apples
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 3/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 packets of stevia
- 1/4 tsp of liquid vanilla stevia extract (or 1/4 cup of Coconut sugar)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- hemp seeds (or flax seeds)
- pumpkin pie spice
- Pecans (for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl, make the crumble mix by mixing melted coconut oil, almond flour, coconut flour, stevia, stevia extract, melted coconut oil, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Grease pan with non stick spray.
- Thinly cut 1 and 1/2 apples and place this on the pan. Cover this layer with half the crumble mix.
- Thinly cut another 1 and 1/2 apples and place this over the crumble layer. Top this layer with the rest of the crumble mix. Add hemp, flax seeds and pecans to the top for extra crunch and nutrition.
- Place in the oven for around an hour until apples are soft and golden.
- Roasted apple topping: While pie is cooking, place a small amount of coconut oil in a different pan. Thinly slice last apple and place in pan, spreading it around so coconut oil is spread evenly. Top with pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon and nutmeg). Place this in oven for around 30 min or until golden brown. Check at around 15 min and flip so that sides cook evenly.
- Top your pie with your roasted apples. Enjoy!
Let me know how you like it, and tag me at @ahavabite on instagram so I can see your delicious creations!