Shout out to mi madre for coming up with this crazy EASY recipe, and to Trader Joes for supplying all the specialty goods. This was my first time trying Trader Joes’ Butternut Squash pizza crust, and I honestly liked the taste more than the cauliflower crust! Cooking Light claims it is the lowest calorie pizza crust option among its gluten-free competitors! Read more about it here.
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make, and is SO delicious. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- TJ’s Butternut Squash Pizza Crust*
- TJ’s Brussel Sprouts Saute Kit**
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Nutmeg, Salt, and Pepper for seasoning
- Follow instructions from package on cooking the Butternut Squash Pizza Crust (Preheat conventional oven to 450 degrees F, remove packaging and place upside down on lined sheet pan, bake for 10 minutes, turn over, and bake for another 10 minutes)
- While crust is cooking, cook the Brussels Sprouts Saute Kit (Start with a hot pan and toast the chopped hazelnuts. Set them aside, then sauté the thinly shaved Brussels Sprouts in olive oil. Once wilted, add the tangy, lemon garlic vinaigrette to the pan—warming the vinaigrette amps up the flavor and tenderizes the sprouts. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper for extra seasoning
- Transfer the mixture to cooked pizza crust and top with the toasted hazelnuts & shaved Parmesan cheese from the saute kit. Add shredded mozzarella for extra cheesy goodness
* You can totally use another pizza crust and this recipe will still taste delicious!
**Saute kit comes with shaved Brussels Sprouts, shaved parmesan, chopped hazelnuts, and a lemon garlic vinaigrette if you want to recreate this kit and don’t have a Trader Joes close by!
If you make this recipe, please tag me at @ahavabite on instagram so I can see your delicious creations!