I had a red curry recipe, so why not add a green curry version? This recipe is really easy because most of the vegetables are frozen (and cooked in the microwave)
My recipe is based on (and only slightly adapted from) the recipe featured on Clean Plates
Here it goes!
- 1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk (full fat)
- 4 Tbsp red curry paste
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 16 oz (or 2 cups) of cauliflower or broccoli (I used one bag of Trader Joes Organic Rainbow Cauliflower- followed microwave instructions on cooking them in the back of the bag)
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots (I used 2 large peeled carrots)
- 1 cup snowpeas, chopped in small pieces
- 1 14-oz. bag of frozen, shelled edamame (cooked in the microwave based on bag instructions)
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rice, cauliflower rice or rice noodles, for serving (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add coconut milk, curry paste, and turmeric. Stir well, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add ,carrots, snowpeas, cauliflower and edamame. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft, stirring once or twice. Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve curry over rice, cauliflower rice or noodles, if desired, garnished with fresh basil.