After learning to caramelize bananas for my Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, I decided to revise my Berry Tahini Oatmeal recipe and make this delicious Triple Berry Oatmeal (clearly I have a thing for flavorful oatmeal bowls :P)
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, delicious, and most important, healthy! No added sugar is use (natural sweetness comes from the fruits) and this recipe is completely dairy-free, gluten-free, and egg-free (which makes it vegan friendly!)
Nothing better than starting your day on a sweet note 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup of water (you can add more if you like, but I prefer my oatmeal thiiiiiccccckkk)
- 1/4 cup of frozen (or fresh) raspberries
- 1/4 cup of frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 3 sliced strawberries for topping (optional)
- caramelized bananas
- raw tahini (to use as a drizzle)
- Combine all ingredients together and microwave for 2 minutes, or 2.5 minutes if you are using frozen fruit. You can drizzle tahini before or after the microwave. Stir, top with your favorite toppings (I used caramelized bananas and sliced strawberries) and enjoy!
- I try to use frozen fruits as much as possible because they are more budget friendly, and are just as nutritionally dense. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the frozen fruits spoiling like you do with fresh fruits, especially berries.
- Feel free to use any nut butter instead of tahini, I just used tahini because it was what I had at home 😛
Tag me at @ahavabite on instagram so I can see your delicious creations!