There’s no such thing as too much pumpkin during the fall, and how good does pumpkin pie flavored breakfast sound?! This oatmeal is completely guilt-free (no added sugars, egg-free, gluten-free, dairy free), yet tastes like an indulgent dessert! I was tempted to top this oatmeal with chocolate chips, but decided to try keep this recipe as healthy as possibly for you all. Hope you enjoy this easy to make and delicious dish as much as I did!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of milk or milk substitute (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 ripe banana, smashed
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin Pie spice (if you don’t have this, you can sprinkle cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg)
- Your favorite toppings (I used pecans and fresh blueberries)
- Heat skillet pan with a drizzle of coconut oil and cook sliced bananas (top with pumpkin pie spice) until both sides are brown.
- While sliced bananas are cooking, put oats, milk, mashed banana, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes. If you want a creamier oatmeal, cook all ingredients in a pot on stove top with more milk (1 cup milk in total) and cook for 5 min.
- Stir oat mixture and add your desired toppings (including your carmamelized banana slices).
Tag me @ahavabite on instagram to let me know how you liked it ❤
One Comment Add yours