- Trader Joes Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Tempeh (I used BeCultured Tempeh Adzuki Bean)
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 peeled and hand shredded carrot (don’t buy carrot pre-shredded, it tastes different!)
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 chopped medium sized tomato (or use one handful of cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 tsp of Basil paste and 1/2 tsp of garlic paste (I use Gourmet Garden to save time, but you can also use fresh or dried basil and garlic to your taste preferences)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Spray pan with olive oil spray and sauté onions on medium-high heat. Shred carrot and add to the pan. Add basil and garlic.
- While onion is cooking, spray a separate, larger pan with olive oil and cook tempeh on high heat. After tempeh is done cooking, place on a side plate and spray the pan tempeh was on again with olive oil, and cook Cauliflower gnocchi on this pan
- When onions become golden, add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and around a half a cup of water to that pan (might need to adjust water amount based on the amount of tomatoes you add). Add salt and pepper to taste. Place tempeh inside sauce and reduce heat to low.
- When cauliflower gnocchi is done cooking (becomes a golden color), add tomato sauce with tempeh to the pan. Place on a plate and serve warm!
- Carrot is optional, I just added it to the sauce for extra nutrition
- Ignore instructions on the back of the TJ cauliflower gnocchi package on adding water to the gnocchi, it makes the gnocchi soggy and it won’t get crispy- I’ve had to learn this the hard way!
- If you don’t have olive oil spray, you can use whatever oil spray you have at home)
- If you are looking for more recipes with tempeh, check this post out!
- Add freshly grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese to taste if you don’t have an issue with dairy!
- Tag me at @ahavabite on instagram so that I can see your delicious creations!