Gluten-free, nutritious, and incredibly delicious! Makes for an incredibly flavorful avocado toast.
- 1 3/4 cup of buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Use some sort of seeds or nuts, some options include: 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup of flax seeds, 1/4 cup of sesame seeds, and/or topped with Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning
1. Soak buckwheat groats in plenty of cold water until softened (2 hours)
2. Soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup of cold water for 30 min, until it becomes like jelly
3. Preheat oven to 320 F
4. Drain the buckwheat and rinse in strainer until water is clear. Make sure water is fully drained
5. Add buckwheat groats, chia gel, 1/2 cup of water, olive oil, baking powder, maple syrup, sea salt and seeds of choice into a food processor for 3 min
6. Spoon into loaf tin lined with aluminum on all sides and the base. Top with seeds or Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
7. Bake for an 1 hour and 15 min, cool for an hour before serving so it cuts nicely!
- If you want to make this into a roll version, make sure to heat inside oil sprayed muffin tin for around 45 min.
- If you want to make this even healthier, you can shred 1-2 carrots into the dough, still tastes as delicious, trust me on this one!
- I’ve substituted orange juice for cold water to make the chia seed gel and got rid of the maple syrup (because the dough no longer needed extra sweetness). This still tasted delish!
- This bread is very versatile. You can use it for avocado toasts or put labaneh (a Middle Eastern Kefir cheese), zaatar, and olive oil on top (as pictured below)
- Take a pic and tag me at @ahavabite on instagram so that I can see your creations 🙂