My go to breakfast is easy, breezy, beautiful, and oh so delicious! This oatmeal is great for a sweet start to your day, or as a healthy snack or dessert if you are craving something sweet. Recipe works with substituting for any of your favorite fruits you have at home, even frozen ones ❤
- 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of water (I only used a 1/3 cup because I like my oatmeal thiiiiiccccckkk)
- 1/4 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup of fresh strawberries
- Caramelized banana
- raw tahini (to use as a drizzle)
Combine all ingredients together and microwave for 2 minutes, or 2.5 minutes if you are using frozen fruit. You can drizzle tahini before or after the microwave. Stir and enjoy!
- Use any fruit of your choice! I’ve used peaches, nectarines, blackberries and strawberries. All are delicious.
- I try to use frozen fruits as much as possible because they are more budget friendly, and are just as nutritionally dense. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the frozen fruits spoiling like you do with fresh fruits, especially berries.
- Hemp seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds also make for nutritious and delicious toppings
- Water is not required, you can also use orange juice or almond milk for additional flavor for your oatmeal liquid if you prefer that. Adjust liquid amount depending on amount of fruit you use!
- Feel free to use any nut butter instead of tahini, I just used tahini because it was what I had at home 😛
- Tag me at @ahavabite on instagram so I can see your delicious creations!
One Comment Add yours