Roasted eggplant is one of my favorite foods since childhood. Here is how to make delicious roasted eggplant (I included it in this pizza, but it was so good I ate most of the roasted eggplant on its own 😛 )
- 1 large eggplant
- Olive oil spray (or 3 tablespoons of regular olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions (for eggplant rounds):
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F
- Cut eggplant into 1/3 inch slices
- Coat each side with olive oil and salt. Heat on each side until lightly brown (around 5 min each side)
Instructions for roasted eggplants (cubed):
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch cubes
- Coat with olive oil and salt. Heat for 20 minutes, flip eggplant and put back in the oven until golden (approximately 10 more minutes).
I used the eggplant rounds to make pizza with Trader Joes Cauliflower Pizza Crust (which is surprisingly delicious!) I cooked the pizza crust according to the box directions, topped with homemade tomato sauce, the roasted eggplant in this recipe, Organic Girl Protein Greens, and freshly sliced mozzarella.