- 1 3/4 cup garbanzo beans (I soaked and cooked dried garbanzo beans and it makes all the difference! However, if you are short on time, you can use one can of chickpeas, just make sure to rinse and drain them)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (if you only have lemon juice, that should be fine too)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- small handful fresh cilantro leaves (roughly 30 leaves)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (optional)
- za’atar, salt and pepper (for topping, optional)
- Place all ingredients (minus za’atar and pepper) into a food processor or blender and blend until creamy.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with za’atar, salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Hummus tastes so much better if you can serve it fresh and warm!
- Feel free to adjust water, tahini, and olive oil ratio based on your consistency/taste preferences
- If you have extra chickpeas and cilantro, topping your hummus with them makes it look extra nice